Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving Surprises

I loathe moving! But then so does almost everyone else, making what Dan and I are going through not particularly noteworthy.

I think, however, that reaching over my head last night while packing, grabbing a ceramic serving bowl stored on the kitchen cabinets and finding a Dead Bat inside might be a bit more unusual. And I believe I deserve a Congressional Medal of Honor for not dropping said bowl and smashing it in the process.

I didn't have the nerves required to get a picture though. You will simply have to imagine the poor little furry thing lying there.

The movers come early tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Kaethe said...

Pity about no picture, because you know my youngest loves bats. Nonetheless, I commend you for not screaming and breaking things when finding a dead mammal in your kitchen. That shows real restraint and strength of character. Or exhaustion, which moving will do to you.

So, would a bat house be a bad house-warming present?

Leggy said...

Bats Belong in bathouses, not in decorative bowls! :)

I really have nothing against bats but we had never seen any signs of them at all so coming face to face with one in such an unexpected way was just a bit shocking. I did think of your budding naturalist after the adrenaline wore off...

Kaethe said...

Yeah, a bat in the kitchen is defintely shocking.

Anonymous said...

And, where are we moving? Back to Chicago !?!?!?! :o)